Medal For Excellence

Medal For Excellence

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Voltage Regulator Full-field Test


Perform a full-field test when the alternator has low output and the voltage regulator is suspected to be at fault. This test will rule out the regulator by bypassing it and energizing the rotor with full battery voltage.
The first type of field circuit is the Type-A circuit. It has the voltage regulator on the ground side of the field coil. The second type the Type-B circuit the voltage regulator is located on the power side of the field coil.
Full field testing Type A and Type B circuits.Another type of field circuit is controlled by the PCM. This type of regulator controls the duty cycle and is integrated into the PCM. Others (GM) have a tab on the back of the alternator that when grounded to the case would full-field the alternator for maximum voltage. Always check with the manufacturer on the steps required to field test the circuit.
If the alternator produces low voltage and when full-fielded produces maximum voltage, the regulator is at fault. If the alternator produces low voltage and when full-fielded still produces low voltage, the alternator itself is at fault.

2 comments:

  1. You've probably seen waterless car washing products available online and in stores. Consider these 5 reasons to hang up the hose and bucket and "go waterless".Used Car Guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Testimony Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Benjamin after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr.Benjamin Lee promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay.I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Benjamin Lee, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, Be free to contact Mr. Benjamin via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740 and  his email: 247officedept@gmail.com thank you. 

    ReplyDelete